Mission Statement: To be a valuable website that presents current, popular, and unique song suggestions to couples (with marriage equality in mind) planning their weddings and events. To help wedding planners, DJs, and wedding pros find new music and be music educated. We strive to build a sharing community while giving back to the community.
You may be surprised, but we are not an overnight success. Our website journey started in 2003 with a business name that didn’t reflect what we offered and tried to be everything to everybody. Sad to say, it took 14 years (yup!) to rebrand and refocus.
Since 2017 My Wedding Songs has become a recognized leader as a source for Wedding Song Ideas. MWS is owned and operated by husband and wife team Matt & Sharon Campbell (she/her). We live in the wedding capital of the world, Las Vegas.
Our unique ability to find, share and be a resource of wedding song suggestions has gained us recognition by curating 600 playlists and being rewarded by helping 4 million couples a year.
Read a few reviews from readers and followers.
Matt’s career in the wedding and music industries began in 1993 as a wedding DJ and owner of DJ Express in Montana. He continued his love of music and weddings in 2003 by creating a broadline wedding planning website WeddingMuseum.com. However, Matt realized that the music playlists on the site were the most popular section.
In January 2017 WeddingMuseum.com rebranded to MyWeddingSongs.com to strictly focus on music suggestions. Now with more than 600 curated playlists, MWS has found its niche in the music and wedding industries.
He strives to curate the song lists with new songs being released each week with a focus on wedding song lists including the wedding ceremony and reception songs, newly released, hot 50, and top 100 all-time.
Matthew Campbell’s Career Highlights
- Wedding and event DJ company owner of DJ Express in MT.
- Book author: Wedding Songs Playlist: The Ultimate Guide to Planning Your Wedding Music.
- Hosts the Wedding Songs Podcast.
- Offering wedding song ideas on our YouTube channel.
- Publishes the MusicLetter newsletter.
- Las Vegas Bloggers Meetup organizer 2020-2022.
- Rolling Stone Culture Council member since 2021.
- Former Communications Chair of the Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce.
- Presented at Las Vegas WordCamps, Wedding MBA, and Marquee Show about SEO, solopreneurship, and music ideas.
- Published in Rolling Stone, DJ Times, and DJ Life Magazine offering wedding song suggestions.
In order to give back to the wedding industry and share his SEO knowledge, Matt is the SEO Strategist for Brian Lawrence. He does not work directly with clients but rather supervises SEO projects with Brian.
Giving back to our local community is our biggest accomplishment. Meeting wedding professionals and hearing your stories at conferences such as the Wedding MBA and DJX reminds us why we do what we do. Thank you for following our journey!
My Wedding Songs Highlights
- Gives a percentage of profit to charity.
- Helps more than 4 million people annually discover wedding and party songs.
- Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce member since 2015.
- October 2021, My Wedding Songs was featured in a Category Pirates category design newsletter and their book The Category Design Toolkit!
- Cross Music Off Of Your To-Do List With The Help Of My Wedding Songs With More Than 600 Curated Playlists!
- Is Streaming Music Killing the Wedding DJ?
- Choosing the Perfect Music for Key Wedding Moments
- Create Your Own Wedding Playlist with My Wedding Songs
- Here’s the trick to making wedding music choices SO much easier
- Reuniting With Dad This Father’s Day? Celebrate By Planning An Epic Brunch In His Honor
- 55 Wedding Ceremony Ideas For Every Part of Your Vow Exchange
- Create a Wedding Playlist that’s Uniquely You with My Wedding Songs
- Inspiration For A Unique Wedding Playlist
- Wedding Music Trends I’m Seeing Take Shape In 2021
- Wedding Business Solutions – Matt Campbell – The Niche: MyWeddingSongs.com
- The Builders – Matt Campbell – His Journey & Building a Site that Attracts 4 Million Visitors a Year
- Rolling Stone – Matt Campbell Says Rolling Stone Culture Council Provides Added Authority and Fruitful Business Connections
- Disc Jockey News (DJNTV) – How To Keep Current On Your Wedding Music with Matt Campbell
At My Wedding Songs, we believe in giving back to try and make the world a better place.
In 2022, we will make a donation a quarter for every 1,000 visitors to Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada. Junior Achievement gives students the tools they need to succeed through financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship programs.
In 2021, we donated $1,000 to Girls Who Code. Its mission is to close the gender gap in new entry-level tech jobs.
In the past, we donated a portion of our profits to non-profit organizations such as Wounded Warrior Project, Feeding America, Three Square, and the American Cancer Society.